8 REASONS CPVC IS IDEAL FOR INDUSTRIAL WATER PROCESS PIPING APPLICATIONS
One of the most important components when it comes to water processing systems is the pipe. You can process the water in the water treatment plant in a separate facility, but this water will ultimately go to the end user via pipes. Hence, it is important that the material of the pipe is such that it does not change the chemical state of the water.
This is one of the reasons why industrial piping materials are closely regulated by agencies such as the US Occupational Safety & Health Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Besides this, one of the major factors governing the choice of industrial piping material is the cost. Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) is one material that not only complies with all the regulatory factors but is also the most widely used one because of its superior strength and performance.
Initially, metals such as steel and its alloys were the most widely used materials for industrial piping. But over time, CPVC has risen among the ranks to take its place not just because of its high performance but also because of its cost effectiveness.
Let’s take a look at the 8 major reasons why CPVC is perfect for Industrial Water Process Piping Application
- Easy to Install: Whenever we choose an equipment or a material, we always go for the one that is easy to use. CPVC pipes can easily be installed in just two steps. Once installed using the solvent-cementing procedure, CPVC becomes the strongest part of the entire system. What’s more, it is also fairly lightweight as compared to a metal pipe of the same dimensions.
- Resistant to Corrosion: Corrosion is a big nuisance hampering the metal pipes. Yes there are metal resistant coatings, but you can never be sure. CPVC comes with excellent resistance to corrosion, both internally as well as externally. This prevents the pipe from any leakage or damage in the long run.
- Easy to Maintain: Since no corrosion resistant coating and other add-ons are required in a CPVC pipe, it is fairly easy to maintain.
- Provides optimum flow rate: The smooth inner surface of the CPVC pipes which is resistant to corrosion and scaling helps to provide optimum flow rate for unrestricted water supply.
- Excellent Mechanical Properties: Though CPVC pipes might be lightweight when compared to the metal ones, they are not at all weak. Even at elevated temperatures, CPVC shows superior mechanical strength as compared to a lot of other materials.
- Safety: CPVC has low thermal conductivity. This means that the temperature of the pipe doesn’t increase much. Also, the material prevents heat loss, thereby reducing the chances of sustaining burns.
- Low flames and smokes: CPVC has an extremely high LOI (Limiting Oxygen Index). This means that a huge amount of oxygen is needed to support combustion. Hence, CPVC pipes can perform well even the harshest of conditions.
- Long life: All the above mentioned properties make up for the long life of CPVC pipes. Its ability to withstand harsh conditions makes it highly efficient and cost effective in the long run.
CPVC pipes Dubai
Alaska Trading LLC is a very popular name when it comes to providing CPVC pipes and fittings in Dubai. The company is the most effective and trusted supplier of CPVC pipes in UAE.
Our product range is extensive enough to cover your requirements, no matter what it may be. Also, thanks to our close ties with some of the leading manufacturers in the world, we make sure that you always get the finest products.